Stop worrying about missing alarms. Stop stressing over equipment downtime. The Radius™ BZ1 is built to detect gas hazards 24/7 without the hassle of elaborate wireless setups and maintenance routines. Radius just works,no questions asked, so your teams can focus on what’s important and be confident that their area monitors are ready for whatever comes their way.
List of Benefits
- The Radius BZ1 is the longest running area monitor on the market with 7 days (168 hours) of typical battery life and the option to extend it to over a month using the external power supply.
- Accurately detect gases regardless of environmental conditions and avoid false alarms
- Audible alarms that sound at 108 dB at 1 m to cut through high-noise environments.
- Easily distinguish between critical and non-critical events with ultra-bright blue and red lights and differing alarm tones.
- A display three times larger than nearest competitors’
- Create wireless networks out of the box, with no setup or extra equipment needed
DEPLOY WHENEVER AND WHATEVERWhether setting up a perimeter, or monitoring leaks or confined spaces, the Radius BZ1 allows for flexible deployments to create buffers between workers and gas hazards.
- Communicate gas hazards during emergency response, long-term projects, or while performing routine worksite maintenance by adding area monitors wherever they are needed.
- Deploy monitors for temporary work without worrying about battery life. The Radius BZ1 is the longest running area monitor on the market with 7 days (168 hours) of typical battery life and the option to extend it to over a month using the external power supply.
- Accurately detect gases regardless of environmental conditions and avoid false alarms thanks to the 360-degree gas path and all-weather sensor deployment
GET THE MESSAGE LOUD AND CLEARLoud audible alarms and different colored strobes for gas and non-gas events ensure workers not only know when the instrument is alarming, but why.
- Grab workers’ attention with audible alarms that sound at 108 dB at 1 m to cut through high-noise environments.
- Easily distinguish between critical and non-critical events based on ultra-bright blue and red lights and differing alarm tones.
- Know what hazards are present without getting too close thanks to a display that is three times larger than its nearest competitors’.
- Focus on taking action in emergency situations with custom alarm action messages like “EVACUATE” or “VENTILATE.”
KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING WITHOUT APPROACHING HAZARDSKnow more, without buying more, thanks to optional LENS™ Wireless.
- Create wireless networks out of the box, with no setup or extra equipment needed, thanks to LENS Wireless and its automatic, peer-to-peer mesh network.
- Receive alarms and real-time gas readings from any other instrument on the network.
- Get long-range communication, up to 300 m (~1,000 ft) between units, with minimal impact on the instrument’s best-in-class run time
SPEND LESS TIME MANAGING YOUR INSTRUMENTS.Your instruments will spend more time in the field and less time in the shop thanks to a unique modular design, the DSX™ Docking Station, and patented DualSense® Technology.
- Automatically bump, calibrate, manage settings, and update software for the removable, patent-pending SafeCore™ Modules using DSX™ Docking Stations.
- Have confidence that gas readings are accurate and workers are safe, even when instruments are deployed for an extended period without maintenance, thanks to the redundant sensors in patented DualSense® Technology.
- Configure your monitors, in your language, using textbased menus.
HOW WILL YOU USE YOUR RADIUS BZ1?Area monitors are a highly flexible solution because they can be placed in temporary or long-term configurations based on your specific hazards. With the addition of LENS™ Wireless, networks are created out of the box and provide visibility into gas hazards that are happening in any location.
- 1. Confined Space Monitoring – Know what’s happening in a confined space by using the pumped SafeCore Module and tubing to draw air samples to the monitor.
- 2. Perimeter Monitoring – Set up monitors around a tank, hot work, or other known hazardous areas to continuously monitor for gas leaks.
- 3. Fence Line Monitoring – Create a barrier between a safe zone and hazardous work area. Use the hopping capability of LENS Wireless to know what is happening up to 1.5 km away.
|Combustible Gases||0-100% LEL in 1% increments|
|Ammonia (NH3)||0-500 ppm in 1 ppm increments|
|Carbon Monoxide (CO)||0-1,500 ppm in 1 ppm increments|
|Carbon Monoxide (CO High Range)||0-9,999 ppm in 1 ppm increments|
|Carbon Monoxide (CO/H2 Low)||0-1,000 ppm in 1 ppm increments|
|Carbon Monoxide/Hydrogen Sulfide||(DUOTOX Sensor)|
|CO||0-1,500 ppm in 1 ppm increments|
|H2S||0-500 ppm in 0.1 ppm increments|
|Chlorine (CL2)||0-50 ppm in 0.1 ppm increments|
|Hydrogen (H2)||0-2,000 ppm in 1 ppm increments|
|Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)||0-500 ppm in 0.1 ppm increments|
|Hydrogen Cyanide (HCN)||0-30 ppm in 0.1 ppm increments|
|Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)||0-150 ppm in 0.1 ppm increments|
|Oxygen (O2)||0-30% vol in 0.1% increments|
|Sulfur Dioxide (SO2)||0-150 ppm in 0.1 ppm increments|
|Volatile Organic Compounds (10.6 eV)||0-2,000 ppm in 0.1 ppm increments|
|WARRANTY||Two-year warranty, including sensors and battery|
|DATA LOG||At least 3 months at 10-second intervals|
|EVENT LOGGING||60 alarm events|
|CASE MATERIAL||Impact-resistant polycarbonate alloys|
|DIMENSIONS||29 x 29 x 55 cm (11.5 x 11.5 x 21.5in)|
|WEIGHT||7.5 kg (16.5 lb)|
|TEMPERATURE RANGE||-20 °C to 55 °C (-4 °F to 131 °F)|
|HUMIDITY RANGE||15%-95% non-condensing (continuous)|
|DISPLAY/READOUT||11.2 cm (4.4 in) monochrome backlit graphical liquid crystal display (LCD)|
|ALARMS||108 decibel (dB) at 1 m (3.3 ft) redundant audible alarms, redundant, visual alarm LEDs (red and blue)|
|POWER SOURCE/RUN TIME|
|Rechargeable nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) battery pack||7 days (168 hours) typical @ 20 ºC, without pump, with wireless|
|3.5 days (84 hours) typical @ 20 ºC, with pump, with wireless|
|30 days (720 hours) typical @ 20 ºC, electrochemical sensors only, without pump, with wireless|
|≤8 hour recharge time|
|SENSORS||Up to 6 sensors (catalytic bead, photoionization detector, and electrochemical). Up to 7 simultaneous readings|
|PUMP||Optional integral pump, up to 30.48 m (100 ft) sample draw|
|WIRELESS||Optional LENS™ Wireless, proprietary mesh network|
|Frequency||ISM license-free band (2.4 GHz)|
|Max Peers||25 devices per network group 10 independent, configurable network groups|
|Range||300 m (~1,000 ft) line of sight. Greater when unit is elevated.|
|Approvals||FCC Part 15, Others (See www.indsci.com/wireless-certifications for country-specific wireless approvals and certifications)|
|UL||Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, and D; T4 Class 1 Zone 0 AEx da ia IIC T4 Ga1|
|CSA||Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, and D; T4|
|C22.2 No. 152 applies only to %LEL thermo-catalytic reading|
|ATEX||Ex da ia IIC T4 Ga, Equipment Group and Category II 1G|
|IECEx||Ex da ia IIC T4 Ga|
|SUPPLIED WITH MONITOR||Calibration cup (without pump), sample tubing and pump inlet water barrier (with pump), product manual, hand tool, charging power supply and region-specific cord|
20161027-Industrial-Scientific-Radius-BZ1-Brochure.pdf 1.32 MB
20161027-Industrial-Scientific-Radius-BZ1-Ordering-Guide.pdf 467.86 KB
20161027-Industrial-Scientific-Radius-BZ1-Manual.pdf 2.28 MB
20161027-Industrial-Scientific-Radius-BZ1-Confined-Space-Application-Note.pdf 259.95 KB
20161027-Industrial-Scientific-Radius-BZ1-Emergency-Response-Application-Note.pdf 174.15 KB
20161027-Industrial-Scientific-Radius-BZ1-Hot-Work-Application-Note.pdf 562.3 KB
20161027-Industrial-Scientific-Radius-BZ1-Leak-Monitoring-Application-Note.pdf 244.83 KB
20161027-Industrial-Scientific-Radius-BZ1-LENS-Positioning-Application-Note.pdf 220.85 KB
20161027-Industrial-Scientific-Radius-BZ1-LENS-Wireless-Application-Note.pdf 220.55 KB
20161027-Industrial-Scientific-Radius-BZ1-Perimeter-Application-Note.pdf 188.77 KB
20161027-Industrial-Scientific-Radius-BZ1-Tank-Farm-Monitoring-Application-Note.pdf 236.99 KB